Announcing the Fully Online Course:
ADMISSIONS OPEN FOR THE JANUARY–MARCH SESSION.
We are proud to announce that the January–March 2023 publishing course at the Seagull School of Publishing will be conducted entirely online.
A three-month course in publishing, run entirely by industry professionals. Inspirational life stories. Hands-on training. Lots of assignments. Online interactions with faculty from across the world. Understanding cover design and layouts, copy-editing and proofreading, tips and tricks of sales and marketing and buying and selling rights, across territories and languages. An intense learning experience that will enable you to work in publishing anywhere in the world.
Regular classes by Seagull Books faculty and masterclasses by Indian and international publishing professionals will be conducted via video-conferencing application Zoom. Extensive course material, both print and digital, will be made available to all enrolled students. An online archive or library will be created by the School to which students will be granted exclusive access.
Limited seats. Apply now!
Rs 65,000 for Indian citizens.
US$ 3,500 for students from the rest of the world.
- A graduate degree in any field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
A Three-Month Online Course in Publishing.
Duration: 3 January to 31 March 2023
Monday to Friday, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (IST)
Lessons will include:
- Copy-editing and proofreading different kinds of manuscripts—fiction, nonfiction, translations and academic titles
- Commissioning titles and building lists in literary and commercial genres
- Contracts and foreign-rights management, buying and selling rights across the globe
- Planning production budgets and publication schedules
- Understanding the fundamentals of book design
- Interpreting cover briefs, from bestsellers to children’s titles to school textbooks and art catalogues
- Practical assignments, group projects, virtual field trips to printing presses and bookstores and open-house discussions on current issues
Attend online masterclasses with authors, editors, publishers, translators and rights managers from India and across the world, as well as daily interactions, lessons and assignments with Seagull Books faculty.